Monday, January 17, 2011

(Not) Partners in Crime

I bought something for the kids today. I told them not to tell Daddy because Daddy thinks I buy them too many things as it is. He's right. The next best thing to not buying them more things is to tell them not to tell him I'm buying them more things.

When Hari got home, what was the first thing out of Xander's mouth? "Mommy bought us something but she told us not to tell."

Thanks, kid.

Although I don't know that I can entirely blame them.

There was an incident many years ago where Hari was doing something he wasn't supposed to be doing and I was keeping lookout. We had a code word set up that I was supposed to say if someone came near. I don't remember the code word, but let's say it was "bananas." Instead of saying "bananas" when the person got close, I blurted out, "Hari! Someone's coming!"

We both concluded I was not a good candidate for a life of crime. Similarly, neither are my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment