Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snowbound

We're safe and snug in our house for Blizzard #2 of winter 2010-11. It's about 12:30. Jessica has yet to change out of her pajamas. I did manage to get her to finish her homework for the day. Whew.

Earlier Xander said 2 words I thought he'd never say: "Let's clean." Needless to say, I dropped everything I was doing, jumped up and helped him clean.

Then we started talking about his birthday party coming up on Saturday. He told me he didn't want to play Musical Chairs, which, after the tears at Jessica's party, I was not planning on doing. He also said he doesn't want to play Pin the Tail on the Donkey. I then suggested (without thinking) Pin the Headlight on the Racecar, which he loves. Now I have to figure out how to make that happen. = )

I was a little worried about the party at first, since the day I sent in the invitations, another girl sent in invitations for her party on the same day. Fortunately, Xander's party is scheduled for 11:30 to 1:00 and this girl's party is 1:00 to 2:30. But I had a nervous few days when I got two negative responses and then finally 3 positive responses. If no one else comes, 4 is definitely enough. We've got the Cars cake on order, people are showing up, now I just need to plan some party games and get some party supplies. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment