Friday, February 11, 2011

Maybe Mom's not always wrong

Valentine's Day is approaching. For reasons I don't quite understand, this holiday is big for the preschool and elementary school crowd. I got notes from both teachers telling me if we send in valentines, we need to have one for every child in the class.

I asked Jessica if she wanted to bring them in. I pointed out to her that she would (gasp, the horror!) have to write the classmate's name and sign her name on EVERY SINGLE valentine. For the record, there are 20 kids in her class, so this means writing out 19 cards which means, at minimum writing 18 words.

She didn't want to do it.

I then pointed out that probably most kids in her class were going to give her a valentine and that she might feel bad if she got cards from other kids and didn't have anything for them.

She still didn't want to do it.

Being a mommy, when I went out to buy valentines for Xander, I bought some for Jessica just in case she changed her mind.

She didn't.

Being the scatterbrain that I am, I thought today was the day they were exchanging valentines. When I picked Jessica up, she asked me if I still had the valentines I had bought. I said yes. She said she did want to send them after all.

What I haven't gotten out of her yet is whether I had the day wrong, and they're doing it on Monday or if she got a bunch of cards, feels bad about it and wants to give them out on Monday anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment