Saturday, May 7, 2011

Oops

One of the ways I weed out the kids' toys is to pick some things I think they don't really play with and throw them out in a garbage can inside their closet. They never go into the closet. Then if, after enough time has passed, they haven't mentioned the toys or noticed their absence, I throw them out for real. Occasionally Xander has noticed something in the trash can and complained, "Why is in the garbage?" To which I replay: "Oh! That was a mistake" and retrieve said item.

Apparently he's caught on to this trick. Last night the closet door was open so I closed it. Immediately Xander went over and opened it again. I told him we needed to keep it closed.

"But I want to look in the garbage and see if any toys are there," he replied.

No comments:

Post a Comment