Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Top Secret

Somewhere, Jessica got the idea that she needed a diary. A diary with a lock. Then of course, I had to get one for Xander. These are not easy to find. I ended up ordering them online, a princess diary for Jessica and a pirate diary for Xander. With locks.

While we were looking for one, we saw an ad for invisible pens.  Jessica thought this was a great idea. I got her one of those too. When they arrived, she immediately started writing with her invisible ink in her locked diary. I asked her what she was writing about. She wouldn't tell me.

The diary came with 2 keys. Two small keys. I put Xander's on an elastic string to wear around his wrist but I ran out and couldn't find more so we just had to be careful with Jessica's keys.

This morning Jessica told me: "I don't have to worry about losing my key anymore."

"Why not?" I asked.

She showed me. The key to the lock was attached to the diary with a pipe cleaner. I don't think she's quite clear on the concept .

1 comment:

  1. Be prepared for the day when she
    hides the key from you!

    Grandpa Dan

    ReplyDelete