Friday, March 16, 2012

Reading

Now that Jessica likes to read so much, I've been encouraging her to read books at a higher reading level. She's not reading War and Peace yet but we recently started the Chronicles of Narnia. I do most of the reading, out loud at bed time, but when I stop reading to give Xander his turn, she'll grab the book from me to continue reading on her own. I only ever read the Lion, the Witch and The Wardrobe, so most of the books are new to me, and I'm really enjoying them too. We finished the first two books and are currently working on The Horse and His Boy.

I was trying to think of what I could suggest for her to read next. A friend mentioned the Prydain Chronicles (Book of Three) which I *loved* so much that I actually bought all 5 books (the whole series) when I was pregnant. Of course, that was so long ago, that I'd forgotten about them sitting there on the bookshelf.

I took the first one out and realized there may be a problem getting Jessica to read it. See if you can guess:

I don't remember the book itself being anywhere near as scary as that picture. I may actually have to get a different copy from the library, even though I own it, just to find a more benign cover!

No comments:

Post a Comment