Saturday, August 18, 2012

Tidbits

There are definitely some advantages to the kids getting older. Today, Jessica was still hungry after the first course for lunch (chicken and stars soup). When she complained, I asked if she wanted PB&J.  I suggested she make it, because I didn't feel like doing it. Imagine my surprise when she eagerly agreed to do it. I'm not sure who was more excited: Jessica about doing it or me about Jessica doing it.

* * *

Last week we went out for ice cream but I was short on cash. I borrowed $4 from Jessica. For the next few days, she asked me several times a day if I had gone to the bank yet to get money so I could pay her back. I was afraid she was going to send out someone to break my legs.

* * *

We've gotten several multiplayer games for the Ipad, like Uno and Chinese Checkers. I bought Blokkus because I like it and I thought it would be fun. For the past month, every few days I ask the kids, do you want to play blokkus? only to be shot down every time.

I noticed recently that Jessica was covertly playing Blokkus in the single player mode. She looked appropriately chagrined when I busted her.

* * *

Xander has developed this wonderful habit lately of saying  "love you, Mom" many times a day. Sometimes he just throws it out "Love you, Mom" and sometimes he says, "Mom?" "What?" "Love you." It just never gets tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment