Friday, January 11, 2013

Getting through

The girl is beginning to listen to what I say. It's actually quite startling. For example, while planning Xander's birthday party, she recently said how she'd been thinking about what to do for her next party (9 months away....) since it's going to be her last birthday party.

See, based on Aunt Lisa's excellent advise, I informed her that the last friends birthday party is when you turn 10, until you're old enough to throw one yourself. My last birthday party (coincidentally, Aunt Lisa's last birthday party as well) was when I turned 10. I've mentioned this concept to Jessica several times, but didn't get any positive feedback and was shocked to hear she was actually going to listen to what I was telling her.

There's a first time for everything. ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment